Friday, February 6, 2009

Being in the Right Place...

He’s Just Not That Into You goes into the theaters today. This is one of the movies I was in, in which I will likely never be seen. I am in the wedding scene with Jennifer Aniston and in the parade scene with Drew Barrymoore.

I saw the trailer for the film last night, and was tickled by the fact that the last cut was of an old woman telling Aniston what a nice dog she has. I know that the woman who said that will be thrilled that it not only made it into the film, but into the trailer. The actress who did the part was a background actor, and the director made the decision to give her that line on the day we were shooting the scene, thus making her a day player. Up to that moment, she had not had any lines in a movie.

So if you see the film, watch for the old lady during the wedding with Jennifer and the dog. There is a real case of a background actor being in the right place at the right time. Oh, and if you want to look for me, I am sitting just to the right of the woman a few seats down. In the parade, I am one of hundreds in the crowd, but always near the front.

No comments: