Friday, November 7, 2008

Wishing Well

October 20, 2008

I worked on Wishing Well, which is a T.V. movie for Hallmark Channel. The great thing about this show was who I was working with, and the fact that I got to talk to two of the stars. It took a bit for me to realize who the Sally was I was sitting next to on set. She would walk into the scene and offer each of the characters on camera a sandwich box (me being one of the ones to take one from her) and then take her seat next to me. She was very pleasant and at one point was asking the director if she had done a certain action during the last few takes, and no one responded. She turned to me and I nodded and said that yes she had done that move. She smiled, said thanks and asked my name. I told her, and she said it was good to know who to give credit too if she was wrong. She was kidding. I think. She was also Sally Kellerman. Nice person.

Sitting across from her and me was a star from my T.V. viewing past (movie past too). He ate lunch right near where I did. He spent some time talking to a few young ladies who were visiting the set, and when he was done walked by where I was sitting. I smiled at him and he said hello and shook my hand, and I got the chance to let him know that I have enjoyed his work from back when he was on McHale's Navy. He played Lt. Cmdr. Quinton McHale. Ernest Borgnine, of course. Such a pleasant person to work with. I'm glad I had the opportunity.

1 comment:

pure plum said...

OK, I had to google her... but cool! Hot Lips Houlihan!!!